- Click on Start
- Right-click on Computer then click on Manage
- Click on Disk Management located under Storage
- You will need to shrink a volume first if there is no unallocated space but if you have any unallocated space you can use it to expand the particular volume.
- To shrink a volume, right-click on a volume then click on Shrink Volume, then adjust the space to create some unallocated space.
- After adjusting the space, click Shrink to decrease the size of the particular partition
- You can now use that space to increase another partition size.
- To increase pa partition, right-click on the partition you want to increase then click on Extend Volume.
Here is what you must remember the unallocated space MUST BE contiguous connecting space behind the volume you want to increase or it will not work out or the Extend Volume option will remain greyed out.”
“If you experience trouble performing the partition resizing using Windows built in tool you may want to look into some alternative options. You can use EaseUS Partition Master Home Edition. It is a free program that allows you to extend partition and manage disk space easily and trouble free. It can do the job everytime without fail.”