Get SMS alerts whenever you receive a new email in your Gmail inbox. This will be extremely useful for people who own a basic mobile phone without internet connection.
You can also customize these alerts, so that you receive SMS alerts for emails from specific senders, block specific email SMS alerts and you can have control over the days and time in which you receive these alerts.
Configure Gmail SMS Alerts1. Visit here and signup for free
2. Go to “MAIL ALERTS” tab, and copy the forwarding address
3. Now login into your Gmail account and click settings
4. Under the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” tab, select “Forward a copy of incoming mail to” and paste the forwarding address
6. You will receive a verification code on your mobile, Enter the verification code in Gmail verification box. Click On Verify.
7. Done, now you will now receive alerts for every incoming mail that arrives in your gmail id
Now if you don’t want to receive alerts for unwanted e-mails like spam and promotional emails, go to ” DO NOT ALERT ME” tab and create block list
To receive SMS alerts only from select email ids, create a filter in Gmail and Configure forwarding address for that filter